June 2020 - Board Meeting
6/2/2020 - Area 515 Board Meeting
- President: Dave
- Vice President: Jake
- Treasurer: Meg
- Secretary: Brad
- Director: Jason
- Director of Education: Bailey
- Director: Tom
Secretary's Note: Some members of this meeting were present via Google Hangout.
- Jason is on page 10 of 52 of the assembly instructions for his CNC machine.
- We returned the person's 3D printer
- No update from Tech Journey or 4H
- Brad F was reimbursed for metal for the Vacuum Former
- Bailey will be reimbursed for cost of purchasing vinyl cutter
- Dave has not heard from anyone new.
- Only one person will be reimbursed, and they will be reimbursed approx $65.
- Dave will email other members asking if they want to be reimbursed.
- Briefly discussed emailing people to let them know we're still open
- Jason and Bailey are attening online.
- Costs $600/year for the space (or a person) to be a member. It gets you access to their people who're good at fundraising and legal advice.
- They're willing to send posters of their Code of Conduct.
- Setting up the Security Camera system needs to become a priority.
- We need a new light for the Metal Shop drill press
- Members need to stop painting inside. The fumes are too much.
- Jason noticed a hydraulic leak in auto lift. It has since been repaired.
- We need to measure for gravity dampers for a Metal Shop fan.
- There's been a BMW parked out front for the last month. It's probably been abandoned.
- Some new members seem to be following us on Instagram before joining.
- A potential new member who seems very knowledgeable talked about...
- teaching a knife making class
- bringing in a metal buffer
- bringing in a portable forge
- using kiln as heat treating oven for metal
- Bailey is Tool Steward. She's working on getting it set up and installing the software.
- Dave donated a laptop to dedicate to the vinyl cutter software.
- Already made some signs for the space.
- Sharktooth computer needs (we think) a new hard drive. Otherwise it needs a new computer with a parallel port
- There was discussion of BOFH members establishing Admin accounts on all space computers.
- Note: BOFH is an email group of IT people for the space. There's no real leader. They're kind of dysfunctional, but yet they don't want too many new members either.
- We need to get a router to separate our network from Jerry's. Then we can also establish static IPs for the FS laser cutters.
- A problem occurred with the electrical circuit the new outdoor light is on. The entire run may need to be pulled.
- An old switch had to be replaced with a higher amp switch.
- Jason would like to start replacing lights in the Wood Shop, but we need a way to reach them. One of the members may have a lift we can borrow, also Jason will talk to a rental company.
- Nothing is scheduled
- The Making Things Fly camp has been canceled. We intend to try again next year, but start advertising for it this November.
- Bailey volunteered to set up a Doodle poll to pick date of next Member's Meeting.
- Quote of the Meeting: "It was gloss white barn paint in a non-ventilated area... I said, somebody besides me needs to do this."