Search…
⌃K
Links

April 2021 - Board Meeting

4/7/2021 - Area 515 Board Meeting
4/7/2021 - Area 515 Board Meeting
Attending:
  • President: Dave
  • Vice President: Jake
  • Treasurer: Meg
  • Secretary: Brad
  • Director: Ryan
  • Director: Tom
  • Director: Ryan

Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting

Vote to Approve Minutes of March Meeting
Yes: 7
No: 0
Result: Passed

Old Business

  • The security camera system is working. The laser room camera is hard to aim but very stable.
  • No leaks in the roof have been seen.
  • No response from artist place to our proposal

Financials

  • Treasurer will for money from Carlin's knife classes
  • Treasurer will write up receipt for ISU Prism team

Current Members: 81

  • Open House attendance has been good.

Big Tool Buy

  • Not much has changed, we're still shopping
  • We have plenty of scrap metal for welding table bases. Dave said he will place an order for metal table top material.
  • Carlin is getting some nickel rod to repair the forge.

Concrete Pad

  • Carlin knows someone willing to pour concrete for just the cost of the materials. He will try to plan a work day.
  • Making the pad bigger was discussed so more people can fit into classes
  • Metal Shop Stewards discussed how to increase their communication. The possibility of a Metal Shop email list was raised.

Members Meeting

  • Members need to start signing the CoC. Brad will try fitting it all onto one side of paper (Note from the future: He barely fit the whole thing onto a front and back.) Then a pile of COC's to sign will be printed up for the upcoming Member meeting.
  • The possibility of making all members resign the Damage Waiver was raised.
  • Members should be asked for their phone numbers at the meeting too.

Space Updates

  • One member was suspended for making a mess in the autoshop and for using other people's materials.
  • A red vice of Carlin's has gone missing.
  • Ryan sent a request to Facebook for help getting us set up with SalesForce. Facebook said the request was published internally.
  • Facebook offered us some heavy duty shelving as well.
  • Dave would like to make an A frame rack for storing metal outside in the courtyard.
  • We got a couple new chairs for the classroom, and got rid of some older ones.
  • Jason might start some member classes in May. He'd particularly like to do some "Deep Dives" into some of the tools, with particular emphasis on cleaning.
  • Discussion was held about people not putting tools back and about misusing needle nose pliers.
  • More people should make numbers for the big clock in the classroom.

Meeting Adjourned

  • "The minutes were fine, the seconds not so great." - Tom