July 2022 - Board Meeting
7/6/2022 Area 515 Board Meeting
7/6/2022 Area 515 Board Meeting
- President: Dave
- Vice President: Jake
- Treasurer: Meg
- Director: Tom (by phone)
- Director: Ryan
- Director: Carlin
- Secretary: Brad
Secretary's Note: Big thanks go to our Treasurer, Meg for keeping such great meeting notes!
Vote to approve minutes from the June board meetingYes: 6No: 0Result: Passed
- The Treasurer put together an I bonds summary for the member meeting, as well as a draft Investment Policy.
- There was a request to turn off the PayPal friends & family button on the website so that people don't pay through that instead of paying through the official membership subscription button. The membership automation can't track membership payments unless they are officially designated as such.
- 2 more expiring shortly
- One person recently signed up as a member but couldn't make it to the space so asked to convert fee into a donation.
- There was a discussion of membership cancellation vs suspension. When cancelled, memerships simply run out, if suspended the remaining time is prorated upon their return.
- Jake is still working to automate adding new members to the Tools spreadsheet.
- Our subscription to meetup.com auto-renewed. The board was okay with this.
- The board discussed doing more classes at the space now that the pandemic is easing up. At this point Carlin is the only one teaching classes.
- The Red Bull team did their thing! The team members thought the event went well and they even generated some interest for the space. The next step will be to create a shared album where everyone can upload their photos / video.
- TIG welder - The board previously approved the purchase of a new Prusa for Chris in exchange for his TIG welder. There has been no response from Chris yet.
- The front door handle needs to be changed. In the interest of fire safety, anyone should be able to use the handle to get out the door.
- There was an internet outage the night of this meeting. The door wasn't working so one of the board members unlocked it with a physical key. We will also get a new door knob for the Wood Shop exterior door and notify Jerry.
- Carlin is planning to move his commercial knife production to another site sometime in August and consequently will be taking his tools with him. He would like the space to purchase a grinder and heat treat oven to replace the ones he'll be taking. This way Carlin can continue teaching classes here at the space. He recommended 2 specific models to purchase.
- Note from the future: The board debated how to handle this request, and a decision was made, by email.
Vote to approve funding a new ameribrade grinder package for the space of which 1/2 will be funded from the general fund and the remaining will be paid to the general fund with a 30% class fee from carlins classes. Once the remaining amount is paid we will reduce the fee back to the previous 20% and the funds will go to the metal fund. We will also ask carlin to build a propane heat treat oven from the current metals fund.Yes: 4Abstain: 2No Email Response: 1No: 0Result: Passed