February 2021 - Board Meeting
2/3/2021 - Area 515 Board Meeting
- President: Dave
- Vice President: Jake
- Treasurer: Meg
- Secretary: Brad
- Director: Jason
- Director: Ryan
- Director: Tom
Secretary's Note: Some members were present via Google Hangout.
- All liability waivers have been digitized. Some have been copied to a shared drive.
- Security System Updates: Sec system reinstalled on computer and now more stable. Still working out some storage bugs. Will be getting 2 more cameras, one in the metal shop needs to be mounted.
- Need to schedule time to run wires through wall to outside. Hole will be used by front sign and security system so need to coordinate
- We have new WiFi access points, need to be configured
- Roof Leak - no news
- New space from Jerry probably won't be available any time soon
Vote to approve minutes from January board meeting.
In Favor: 6
Opposed: 1 - because why not!
- Few reimbursements to do
- Meg will check if proceeds from Carlin's knife making classes have reached the space. Jake said he saw Carlin send it. All that money will go towards the Metal Shop.
- ISU team needs a receipt for their membership
- Ray is receptive to reclaiming his Shark Tooth laser cutter.
- We got new tables and chairs
- Front Door RFID reader had some trouble and wasn't updating from Current Members list. Ray and Caroline worked on it and discovered it was a problem with a new version of the one of the libraries in the program. Problem was resolved.
- Dave will bring in a laminator machine for members to use
- On February 16,2021 the board voted by email to specify that we'll spend about $10,000 on the Large Tool Buy:
Vote to approve spending about $10,000 on the Big Tool Buy.
In Favor: 4
No Response: 3
- Tool buy is under way. We've purchased:
- miter saw table
- 4 tables
- CNC table and CNC machine
- stuff for 3D printer room
- some stuff from CNC fund
- Still to purchase:
- TIG welder
- Metals tool box
- Textiles room update materials
- metal sheets to make metal tables for Metal Shop
- we need a new laser tube
- The potential agreement was discussed and edited. Afterwards it was put to a vote.
Vote to offer agreement as is to local artist collectives.
In Favor: 7
- Regarding password recovery plans: "If you have 2 you have 1, and if you have 1 you have none."