February 2019 - Board Meeting
2/6/2018 - Area 515 Board Meeting
President: DaveTreasurer: MegSecretary: BradDirector of Education: BaileyDirector: JasonDirector: Tom
Vice President: Ray
- Caroline got rid of both the login system and comment boxes on our website.
- We will have a 10'x10' table, and a rack.
- We will put together the booth at the space this weekend (2/9 & 10) in preparation.
- At least 4 members are selling things so far.
- We should get some kind of generic Nest doorbell so we can see who is outside the door. This instead of a door with a window.
- Ray is in charge of the committee for this. He was absent at this meeting. The board will ask him to demo what he and Carissa have done so far with Sales Force software.
- Bailey is abdicating all social media responsibility at the end of February.
- Dave will set up a committee to take over the responsibilities. Caroline will also be on it.
- Wearable Tech was very successful. All kits were purchased. We made over $300 and may even get a new member from it.
- Soldering class will be held in March. Dave will help teach. From previous experience, Bailey recommends staggering several sessions over the day.
- There's been no further communication regarding the materials class.
- Applicants need to apply to the board, not to Bailey.
- We haven't advertised for the position yet. In the past we've posted on our website, a Drake site, Grand View site, and Facebook.
- We found several rolls of wire, so we have a few less things to purchase.
- Reg's brother came in and speculated that he could fit Reg's CNC machine into the building somehow.
Tool Fund Totals:3D Printer: $251.34Laser: -$64.14Metal: $250.65CNC: $50.04Wood: $160.00Electronics: $10
- For the month of January we were in the black by about $500.
- January utilities were $444.97
Vote to renew anonymous' starving hacker rate.
In Favor: 6
Result: PASSED - We will renew anonymous' starving hacker rate.
- We need to print and laminate instructions for what to do if you're the last person to leave the space.
- Brad volunteered to make the instructions look pretty, but asked for help on wording.
- We should also put a sign on the exit from the Wood shop.
- Tom will add a remote light switch by the door for some of the Wood shop overhead lights.
- Bailey: "I think I know what you're quote of the meeting is gonna' be."