August 2022 - CEC Meeting
8/16/2022 - Community Engagement Committee Meeting
- Welcome Carlin A. as Board Liaison
- Recap of Board Meeting from John W.
- Set a SMART goal for the committee in general.
- Discuss if we want to participate in the Mini Maker Faire:
- Theme is Make: Pretend “Highlighting ways that makers can create a world, setting, or feeling that is not real or make believe”
- Event is on September 5th (Labor Day) from 9AM - 4PM
- Application due by August 30 for priority spacing
- Plan an event for the Annual Member Meeting in October.
- Goal is to try and get as many members as possible to attend, think of ways to increase exposure and interest.
- Area 515 Merch
- Open Discussion and Action Items
Board Meeting: primary discussion focuses on social events and community educational events. Want to focus on membership community building.
Mini Maker Faire: it is too soon to try and we will work with DMSC to be involved next year.
Ideas: Talk about having booth at farmers markets
Space Reset workday - Carlin proposed we have a day where we work with tool stewards to accomplish workday tasks as a space that normally couldn’t be accomplished in a single work day.
Discussed hosting Space Classes that generate income that the space could be known for.
Merch sales, selling at cost to spread brand awareness with an in for $10 seed funding
Discussed hosting social event at annual member meeting
Discussed use of Trello for event and project planning