June 2019 - Board Meeting
6/5/2019 - Area 515 Board Meeting
President: DaveTreasurer: MegDirector of Education: BaileyDirector: JasonDirector: Tom
Vice President: RaySecretary: Brad
In Secretary's absence, meetings notes taken by Treasurer.
- Jason will add fundraiser info for woodshop stuff to Facebook after Jake sends make and model # info
- One item already here
- One item at Jake's shop
- One item still in transit
- We got $500 from John Deere
- Bailey still needs to reorder soldering kits
- Bailey will add PayPal buttons for fundraising
- Metal Shop fund was -$20, but Dave paid $20 dues in cash so now Metal Shop fund is at $0
- New Debit Card is here, hooray!
- Bailey made, and Caroline attached, stickers to go on all tools for which require training
- The image for this is available on google drive for any further use
- Chris needs remit for 3D printer expenses
- Capitol Crossroads lunch was successful. Lots of people took info.
- Painting class was not held as no one signed up
- Jyll is willing to try again
- Bailey willing to advertise
- Discussed website updates - Can Waukee APEX do it with Caroline supervising? This would happen in the fall
- No further info on SalesForce. Caroline met with Karisa last month and worked on door access.
- Need to buy stuff for vacuum former & Bailey's stuff
- We need gas bottle and regulator hose for welder. Brad contacted Praxair but no response.
- Talked about member meeting.
- We are missing Bosch router
- People should put tools back.
- Tool Stewards should monitor spreadsheet. Discussed ways to get current members trained.
- Chris may get some items from John Deere, more to donate, like tables and tops
- Will do "In for $10" for radio mast
- Reminder to close gates
- Bailey will add lift and Metal Shop buttons to website.
- Automotive class July 20
- Jason to do guitar maintenance class in August
- Wood Burning workshop canceled
- Stained Glass workshop on 6/23
- One section for Middle School
- The rest open to all
Vote to make Caroline a Metal Shop Steward.
In Favor: 5
- Big Nope.
- Discussed having 2 weekly backups for Brad
=Who Should Post About Classes?"
- Bailey will work on this.
- This humorous comment has been intentionally left blank. Mainly because nobody remembers anything funny from the meeting.